Monday, December 25, 2006

Football Fantasy?

So yes, again for the 3rd year in a row, 4th out of 5 consecutive years....my high school (Southlake Carroll) has again won the state football championship. One game lost in 5 years.

Is that totally unreal or what? Bragging aside, how do high schoolers grow up never experiencing losing? Some television program started calling it the greatest high school football dynasty in history--come on, little over the top.

At my house, we've watched the replay tape of the game about 2-3 times already in 24 hours home. The head coach, 7 years at our school, is leaving for college ball starting in January--the new head coach at North Texas. To live in a place where the head football coach is a local celebrity, featured on television with a special and the New York Times.

Not to say I'm not loving every minute of it (mom, who thinks I'm always talking down about my hometown), its just crazy.

No comments: