Saturday, July 15, 2006

A Year Later 7/15: Providence, RI, Brown Unv.

-------
I sometimes sit back and wonder how I ended up here, what my purpose is in this place. It is so different from what I thought I'd ever be doing. I'm never one really doing "random" things, hoping/praying they become purposeful, I'm much more likely to be doing purposeful things, on purpose, almost writing out their purpose for myself.

I can't help but think almost a year ago, I stood up in California and accepted a calling on my life, one I still intend to fulfill, to spend at least 2 years--though really, it was meant to be our lives, to be in service to the urban poor, whether through education, advocacy or incarnational ministry.

I remembered yesterday as I got the question from a group of kids about my eyebrow ring, this time instead of just giving them the stock answer of I went to thailand and came back and did it, I gave them the real story. I told them about the biblical idea of an ebeneezer, remembering God's faithfulness in our past as a way to trust for the future.......my reminder to myself that I have accepted God's calling on my life, I am set apart and that the rest of my life should begin to line up into that direction now.

How far away from that I am now.....

I know I am here for a reason.

1 comment:

Marty Purks said...

so good Kate, so good!