Wednesday, July 05, 2006

7/4 Arrived in Providence, Great 4th

I have officially arrived at my most stable location for the summer in Providence, Rhode Island. I have been dreaming of visiting Rhode Island in specific and New England in general for a long time, this is great to finally be here and to be able to see what it is like. In the summer at least.

Transitions are always hard for me though, especially when I go into a situation where I'm supposed to be making new friends, like my job here as a summer RA for middle school students at Brown. My first day was a little rough. However, by the second day I really started to feel like I was connecting with the other RAs.

I also found this wonderful small church very close to campus called Renassiance Church that took me in and made me feel like family. I met many Texans there but mostly very friendly, loving people. I had several dinner invitations within an hour. It's great to see the people of God aren't changing with the location. I am continually getting to experience a lot of hospitality this summer. I'm learning that even that is not going to change when I'm in this location where I was expecting that to stop. Ha!

I got to spend a couple of days with my dear friend Greg in Massachusetts for the 4th. Greg is incredibly hospitable himself, always for all his friends as well. And on top of that he has a great group of friends, they are amazing and I feel so blessed to continue to get invited to spend time with all of them as well. Oh, and it added to my "states visited" count...Mass. down. 4th fireworks in Plymouth! great fun!....and a good acquaintance with the good folks of dunkin dounuts, and the mayflower replica....and the rock remains. Regardless, good times....and its only been 4 days!

No comments: