Wednesday, July 05, 2006

7/5 Bible Study

On Sunday when I went to the Renaissance Church, on my way out a girl stopped me, gave me her phone number and invited me to her Wednesday night group that a couple from the church lead.
Not doing anything Wednesday night, I went to what I thought would be a church-related small group or something. Actually turned out to be a non-affiliated bible study that she had found out about off of meeting someone from the bus! Ha!

I would actually venture to call it a house church/bible study. It was pretty amazing. About 20 people there, all my age or older (maybe 50-55 was the age cap?), evenly split men and women. People from all walks of life. We sat in a large circle, sang some songs, and then read Hebrews 10. It was amazing to see such a diverse group of people really getting a lot out of God's word, I didn't speak but just sat back and listened to the wisdom.

And who said New England was godless? (probably me, or at least I thought it.......wrong again).

No comments: