Monday, June 12, 2006

Meeting of the Minds

This morning I met with someone right here in Southlake with very similar research interests. However, he is researching Emergent. Funny how connected all of these things become thought.
First, weird that we had both interviewed the same couple. And he'd gotten my name from them.

Such a blessing to really get to vent and think out some of the similar sociological issues that are coming up with our work. The whole idea of creating the sample, what counts and what doesn't? Are we seeing similar scripts and calling them the same thing? What about all these people evading labels and definiton like its the plauge? What about when you're emotionally exhausted? How do you deal with the personal questions going on simulateneously.

Interesting though, he's a phd student. It is great to know my work is not rediculously amateur and I've created some of a respectable repuation (haha) for myself in these communities. I always believed phd people were beyond out of my league. I got some ideas about considering graduate school, I am loving this kind of research, as all-consuming as it is.

Made me wonder though how many people are out the researching what I'm researching I don't even know about. Could we pick more trendy topics within christian culture?

1 comment:

Marty Purks said...

did you get to talk to Jimmy Long at all abt EC, while at Rockbridge? He's been working on this for abt 10+ years...