Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Going "Home"

If you've seen Garden State.....and if you're a sentimentalist.....you remember the lines about how at one point in life you no longer have a place to call "home" between that time you leave your parent's home until you later go on to build a home of your own for your own family. During that period of time, I'd like to suggest, the idea of home becomes very transient--and sometimes easy to define.

This weekend--or rather for the next 5 days I'm going back to one place that has been a "home" to me for the past four years--Williamsburg Virginia.

I am excited to go for many reasons. For one--many of my good friends are there. After this crazy transitional time--it is good to rest in the company and place of many people who you love love you, trust you and want the very best for you. In some ways, it was my life in Williamsburg, the small group I got to be a part of there that led to my ministry with InterVarsity.....to revisit that place will help remind me of how God has moved in my life and through me...as a reminder that, yes, I can do this thing....loving people that is.

And of course--the traitor I am, I am thrilled to get to see little brother Will thriving in his new college environment as well.

I'm buzzing with excitment...pray I'll be a blessing.....and that I won't get caught up in wishing I was there this year instead.

No comments: