Saturday, May 20, 2006

A Long Trip Before Home

5/10-5/19
So traveling again. A wonderful night trip around Washington DC and Northern Virginia with Sara. We practically swam to get to a neat coffee shop somewhere around there. I just know I’d been there before with another “native.”

Next came a day shadowing interns at a place I might want to go after I graduate. That was an interesting and long day. It’s amazing how many people in Washington are willing to work for free. I’m not sure I get it yet.

A couple of days with Alex before she goes off the France for the next year. That was great to spend some solid time together and really get a chance to get to know her family even better. We talk for hours. It’s amazing to see who she’s become.

Next I went onto Rockbridge camp with InterVarsity. While this week was not exactly earth-shattering or pivotal, it was wonderful to have a few days to spend with some of my best friends in a relaxed place.
I took this mini-class (like 3-4) days called Kingdom Living. Kind of like discussing what it means to live properly in God’s Kingdom, that one coming on earth. Some of the topical sessions included multiethnicity, sexuality, wealth& justice, and politics. We also did a great study of the sermon on the mount. I am continually impressed with the way Intervarsity handles difficult issues.

No comments: