Saturday, May 20, 2006

Home in the Lone Star State!

5/20I love Texas. A world all its own. I struggle so much here though if I’m in nostalgia or heaven. Wow what a different world life is here. It’s nice to be pampered though. I come home and suddenly I am the owner of a new credit card, gym membership….and my parents also gave me about 10 gift certificates (my brother’s Christmas gifts he never bothered to use). But hey, means I get some free trips to American Eagle, Jamba Juice, Chipotle, Starbucks, about 3 movie theaters, and a thrift store. Wow. I’m set.

Our recreated “town square” has opened up another phase since I’ve been home last. Now we’ve got some sort of arbor-like fountain area surrounded by such exciting stores as J Crew, Coach, Barnes and Noble, Cheesecake Factory, Toll House Cookies (huh?), and about 20 others. Classy. Geez, consumerism is going to take me over.

In other good news, the period of freezing at Rockbridge is over. It’s now a pleasant 95-100 degrees everyday which makes for wonderful Texas summer nights at about 80 degrees. And really, I do think that's fairly pleasant. I love Texas. Let me say that again. I love Texas.

No comments: