Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Love Living in the district

It has gotten to that point of spring and good weather where I can bike from Anacostia to Georgetown....the hour-hour & 15 minute trip is quite enjoyable.

I first pass over the river, past capitol hill area, my favorite hang outs and restaurants.....and then come all the cool dc stuff (pass it each day!):
--the capitol building
--the library of congress
--smithsonian (I can glance at some gardens from the road)
--the washington monument
--the lincoln memorial
--the potomac
--watergate hotel
--national cathedral in the distance
--georgetown!

Besides the huge hills.....hill to Gtown easily 5-7 blocks in length....and on the way home capitol hill......it's a beautiful experience!

What a blessing to live actually IN a city rather than just be able to visit!

Every day I curve around tourists....who sometimes seem annoyed that I'm on a bike there...but how lucky I feel to actually live here! What a life!

No comments: