Thursday, November 01, 2007

Weighty Matters

I will be vague here. But just bear with me.

There are times--well often many times in any given day when I realize I need to be so much more a person of prayer than I am. Sometimes it's when I have an awkward conversation with a student, when I reaize that I'm just breezing by people on campus, not thinking about how their expressions really look.
But it also happens when I start to go into deeper relationship with people--that's when I remember I am not here to hang out, shoot the breeze, make friends.......I'm here to help students see God working amongst their lives. Someone shares something personal--or starts asking me really hard questions about how God intersects with life here. And--wow! I'm caught off gaurd. Time to start taking it seriously and remember what kind of responsibility comes with the opportunity sometimes to literally steward people's spiritual lives.

No comments: