Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Recent Events

So I'm still stinking at keeping up with this blogging thing!

But of late here's what I've been up to....

Last week, left for DC for good,
Spent a great night with Cat Esguerra in the heart of DC!
Headed straight up to New Jersey for Laura and Chris' wedding.

The wedding: It was beautiful, absolutely beautiful. Laura and Chris as so great....the minister went on and on about how they "got it"--and they do. What wonderful people and I can't be any happier for them and their new life together. What a blessing that we were all able to be there to share it---fulfilling laura's dreams (I hope) of having all the people she loves come together. I got to know some of her home friends--like Becky! awesome.

Next it was onto Camden, NJ with Janelle for some great time between Urban Promise and Camden House in South Camden. I got to visit my good friend Sean as he started a new job in Philadelphia quite a bit. We all went to Sacred Heart catholic church for Sunday services for a great service, I love how warm and inviting the place is.

I got to touch base with the folks of Camden House and spent some of Monday with the interns--the son of people I know from another community and several of his friends. And I got to see one of the hosue residents I've met.....well I think 3 times now! Small world!
We had a great discussion about community life, post-college aspirations and families. I was enriched meeting these people.

Monday afternoon I ran into several WM people who were working at Urban Promise for the summer--Julia, Sam, and Kelly. It was interesting to hear how different summer experiences can be from a short spring break spent in the city. I had dinner with another William and Mary alum--Mike Errion visiting at the same time! amazing! It was great to see the city "from the other side" with him.

Philadelphia was also great....yea great, great, great. But it was fun to see where Sean's living and working and spend some time getting to know his neighborhood....and walk all the way to the liberty bell! It will be a good place for him to live for the next couple of years.


Now--after a whirlwind week....I'm back in Washington, finishing up fundraising and trying to get life together here. I had dinner with family in Vienna last night---tons of fun!

Back in the city today I attended a conference on Empowering Women in the Developing world....ran into Cosmo's brother associated with Students Helping Honduras....and several Georgetown students/alums.

Currently....well my computer died at least for theday.....but I'm in the William and Mary alumni office....ironically only a few buildings away from the conference......it's a wonderful home-away-from-home.....and voila! They gave me plans to do even two things tomorrow night! Lots of fun!

No comments: