Friday, January 18, 2008

It's ok

This is a short thought.

But recently I've been thinking alot about how we phrase forgiveness.

Often we have a tendency to say to those around you "it's ok" or "don't worry about it"....hoping to forget the wrong.

Why don't we say "will you forgive me?" or "I forgive you" as the response. To me that seems to take much more commitment--it's a little riskier and scary to me to actually say the word forgiveness---it acknowledges that there was a sin, a wrong done.

When we go on just saying it's ok all the time we tend to start to forget that wrong has been done, that we do live in a world of sin where we wrong others all the time.

I'm going to try to challenge myself to use the language of sin and forgiveness more--willing to acknowledge the wrongs I do rather than just hope myself and others can forget about them.

No comments: