Monday, May 28, 2007

Last Semester of College

Getting on the plane this last time (minus my two emergency home visits this month), I pulled out my calendar and journal and began my semester "list of events"

Some highlights:
-studying for the LSAT, getting the same score 8-9 times
-Wren Cross explosion, speaking for an audience, the Religious Committee
-braving the Performance Art Ensemble Class
-becoming good friends with a freshman girl
-stopped eating meat, went off meal plan
-Laura home more--and in my classes!
-somewhat successfully completed a speed-reading class
-interviewed and hired for InterVarsity, meet new DC people each time
-IJM: Nik acting wonderfully as the new president
-following Rebecca around as she planned for spring break service trips
-spring break cruise to bahamas
-running a safezone training for Christians
-Senior class gift events
-sober mug nights
-coming home for two funerals, realizing I have a lot of love and friends in my life
-Laura's bachelorette party
-finishing an honors thesis
-Queen of England comes to WM

Thoughts/important verses:
-learning to balance the need for community and sharing with over-indulging or bragging
-learning to be excited and hopeful about the future, grateful I have opportunities
-understanding the limits and temptations of worldly power and recognition
"coming out of Babylon," beware of the Philistines in our lives

-1 John 4:15-18--there is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.
-Psalm 119: 32--I run in the path of your commands, for you have set my heart free.
-2 Corinthians 10:5--we demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up agains the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.
-Eccel. 5:7-wisdom and knowledge are nothing compared to standing in awe of God.

No comments: